Why Study Citizenship?
Citizenship education is about enabling people to make their own decisions and to take responsibility for their own lives and communities.
“I enjoy learning about current issues that are affecting our communities.”
Who teaches it?
Richard Archbold, Caroline Hallowell, Bethan Dawson Clarke and Michelle Wilson all teach Citizenship.
How it it taught?
You will have one 70-minute lesson per week.
What do we learn?
Topics covered include knife crime, drugs, alcohol, gangs, morals, the law, immigration and human rights.
Where could it lead?
- Citizenship is used in every job
- Help towards making decisions
- Feeling empathy towards others
- Teaches how to take action
- Playing a part in the local community